I've seen several book-pages pumpkins out there in blogosphere and on Pinterest.
I decided to try my hands at it.
I made 1" strips out of a book and Mod-Podged them onto a pumpkin, being careful to smooth out the edges and conform to the pumpkin. (BTW, the pumpkins are .... ahem.... Dollar Tree pumpkins.) I carved out the stems of each pumpkin.
Once the pumpkins were dry, I rolled up pages of the books, placed a dab of hot glue at the edges to keep it rolled. Then I placed them in the holes where the stems were and secured with hot glue.
I then grabbed my pad of Distress Ink and smeared some onto the "bumps" of the pumpkins and along the edges of the "stem".
Then I added a couple of burlap leaves and hot-glued some twine to look like vines.
We call our front room the "Book Room". It's a long story, but comes from a time when we first moved into our last home and boxes of books were left in the front room. Now, our front sitting room will forever be known as the "Book Room", despite where we live. :)