Well, along with this award comes some requests. I'm supposed to tell you seven things about me that you probably don't know. Seeing as though I don't hold a secret double-life as a "double O" agent, I'm afraid these facts could be less-than-exciting. :)
1. I went to school at "Moon High". Yes, Moon. No spacesuits, though.
2. I drove past Mars on my way to college every time.
3. I have two dogs, and am completely a "dog person". No rodent will make its way into this house with my approval; birds and reptiles annoy me... and after owning a spastic cat, I learned that I am not a "cat person". Now if alpacas were the size of a labrador, I may have to make an exception.
4. I was a math major, but please don't ask me to do anything beyond simple algebra. A brain unused disintegrates, I swear. I'm fearing the day my oldest son comes home with homework, and I can't help him... and it's approaching soon.. and he will tease me incessantly, I'm sure. (OK... that has happened already simply because of the techniques used to get to the answers... teachers change that all the time... not due to a brain malfunction.)
5. We adopted our youngest daughter in 2008 from China. I was in China during the BIG earthquake, but was too far south to feel it. Some in our city did feel it, but I was napping on the 14th floor. :)
6. On said trip, we saw all of the Chinese Summer Olympics venues three months before the games... from a distance. Have you ever seen Chinese military? You don't want to mess with them. (On a separate note, I LOVED China!)
7. My youngest son was born on Mother's Day. Water broke at 3am, born at 7:05. Yep... got to enjoy Mother's Day all day holding a gorgeous new infant. Best Mother's Day ever. Unfortunately I have almost given up my special status on Mother's Day... it's always the "birthday weekend" for said son, and he gets first dibs on being the special one.
(Hubby and me on the Great Wall. Last photo we had taken before the camera battery died!)
Now that you know a little more about me, I need to pass the award along to 7 more bloggers. If I nominate you and you already received it... be nice and pretend it's a grand new honor.
Kristi @ Addicted2Decorating... love this blog and have been following it for quite awhile. Much longer than I've been blogging. I've been inspired by many of Kristi's designs. (Still plan to do the board-and-batten bedroom walls one day...)
Amber&Madonna @ 2TeachingMommies... I recently discovered these ladies. What awesome ideas! I've used several in my classroom and with my own kids, too.
Beckie @ InfarrantlyCreative... I have no idea how she is able to devote so much time to her blogs, but I love reading them. I especially love her dedication to the knock-offs, seeing as though most catalogs are too $$$ for me!
Sharyl @ The Little Brown House... I love this site. I began following Sharyl awhile ago, and she even gave some advice on how to start a blog. Darling craft ideas!
Kara @ Elements Interiors... I love reading her stuff. Great ideas, and awesome linky parties!
Kierste @ Brown Paper Packages... I don't know how she comes up with these ideas, but I want to copy them all. Super clever, and I admire how she keeps her family of five kids in such order.
Kara @ Creations by Kara... Such great yummy ideas, and wonderful linky parties. Very clever craft ideas, too!
Ok, if you were nominated, here are the rules:
1. Copy/paste the Kreativ Blogger Award picture onto your blog
2. Thank the person who awarded it to you and post a link to her/his blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award
5. Link to them
6. Notify your 7 bloggers of their award
Thanks, Carol-Anne, for the honor! :)